Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sudden Holidays!

" The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say " - Anais Nin

Due to the sudden holiday- H1N1, from my uni, i was given one week to do whatever i like before the going of the semester gets tough. In fact, for this break, i don't really know what to feel. I can't say that i'll be holidaying as if it really is the holidays, and i can't say that it's a study-break. All i can do is to do some light revision, prepare myself for the difficult future and at the same time rejoice because, no matter what, it is still a holiday.

So what i did was i finished my second piece of writing. Since the end of last year, i decided to write stories, fictional ones of course. The first one is called 'The Will' and the second one is in the midst of 'post-production'. It's completed but i need to edit it first. This is some excerpts from 'The Will."

"Losing someone is not losing what he has left. On this dear date last year, my father left us for heaven. It definitely has to be heaven because he was a great man, a wonderful father and a loving husband. It does not do him justice for him to live in pain. He might have made new friends already and for sure he will not feel lonely there, just as how he wished for all of us here to be. He was a man of words and his words of wisdom are still fresh and alive, as if he stands before me, uttering those words with pride and dignity...."

"The house was empty at night. Ma was still out. Jen left after the tense moment to meet her friends at OldTown Kopitiam. I made Maggi noodles for dinner and brought it to the living room and ate while watching television. I had lots of thinking to do that I decided not to eat out. I had work the next day too. After dinner, I went into my room and did some typing. I prepared the things needed for the meeting until near midnight. Before I went to bed, I heard noises coming from my living room..."

"Before Max pulled the trigger, I bravely leaped in front of him and held his arms toward the sky. I shouted for Hane to run. We struggled with the gun, but he got the upperhand. He punched me in the face violently and aimed for Hane again. I bled. I bounced off the ground and grappled his hand holding the gun. I pressed his arms downwards. We wrestled for the gun. And I suddenly felt the trigger with my fingers and it was within my reach. Bang!..." read more

I do hope you'll enjoy reading the story. I know that it might be a little long, so be patient when you read it. wc09 is writing stories...

No comments: