Sunday, August 16, 2009

Season 3, Episode 4: A Convo-ing weekend.

" Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'i will try again tomorrow'. - Mary Anne Radmacher

The first weekend that i spent in uni for this semester was rather fun. Convocation was the grand event- oh, i really can't wait for my turn to receive the scroll! But apart from the Convocation itself, there was the ConvoFair. I missed last year's ConvoFair and so i decided to give this time a try at it. At some point, i'm just so thrilled being a student in UTP.

The opening night was on Friday.

Best photograph of the night! I like this picture a lot, both the people and the fireworks! In fact, we captured this picture at the last release of the fireworks. How lucky...


Firing up the night!

There were many stalls in the fair- just like how you would imagine a nice 'pasar malam' (night market) to be. I had dinner there on the first night. The food wasn't spectacular, but it's good to eat something different than the usual meals i have in my uni.

PF, PW, ZY and Amy in the fair.

The crowd coming in as the night gets later.

My friends pretending to be the buyer and the seller of the stall.

In an air-cond booth, we were admiring...

... a house selling in Bandar Seri Iskandar. It has a swimming pool, a large garden, four bedrooms, and a nice living room. Not bad huh?

After much excitement we had on the first night, i went back to my room when all was said and done. The next day, i decided to donate my blood since there was a blood donation drive in my cafe foyer. I have always wanted to donate my blood- my blood might be useful to those in dire need. I was all ready and enthusiastic to go. I met my friend who was in charge and as a first time donor, we tend to ask 'sakit tak?'. Then a smile follows up.

Before donating, we need to answer some questionnaires and undergo tests at checkpoints. Unfortunately, i was not able to donate my blood yet.

What a disappointment.

The second night in the fair was another amazing night.

Some of my friends performing the Chinese Orchestra. The night opener! Well done.

The highlight of the night was the performance by Amy Search. I'm not a die-hard fan of him, but how many of you have actually seen him or heard him live?

Opening the night with 'Tiada lagi.'


Singing for us!

The crowd was overwhelming! It felt like a concert, for sure!

He ended the show with classic 'Isabella'. He can sing!

After the concert, the excitement lingered around for some time before it faded off, and i went back to my room.

Third night was Aizat- i'm not sure i spelt right. He was alright. Actually, apart from these guests artistes, there were international performances too, such as Vietnam, Indonesia, South Africa and Pakistan.

My say for ConvoFair is that, it is fun. The atmosphere is different and it allows you to forget all quizzes, assignments and tests ahead. Indeed, after this post, you might not be hearing from me anytime soon- with three tests coming up, more quizzes and assignments, Famine30 and BookFair, 24 hours may just feel like it's insufficient. wc09 enjoys the ConvoFair, and fears the busy life ahead!

1 comment:

SengYee said...

haha..
thx for supporting Convo..!!!