Friday, August 7, 2009

Hidden Gem of American Idol 5!

"Like faith and joy, and peace and hope, and haaaarmooooony" - Believe, Elliot Yamin

How do i know, if the best is yet to come? Will i take this step alone? The singer i'm talking about, and it's high time for him to be heard, debuted with his 'Wait For You', but personally, that song was not my cup of tea and i didn't really like him there on. However, with his new album which came out this year, i'm taking it all back and he proved me wrong. I'm talking about Elliot Yamin of Season 5 the American Idol and he is superb!

I didn't know what made me want to listen to his songs when i was YouTube-ing. But my pointer heads to the play button and i was instantly caught by surprise to his voice. Listening to his songs today, i really question how Taylor Hicks could have won the title. And if i am to compare him to Chris Daughtry, i'm sorry Chris- i truly like your rock tunes, but i'll have to go with Elliot Yamin.

His latest album, 'Fight For Love' itself has so many of my favourites. His songs are more of a pop-jazz genre and you cannot help but to feel your feet taping to its rhythm. 'Believe' is a bonus track, 'How Do I Know' and 'This Step Alone' are my personal favourties and i would like to share them with you here.



Very inspiring! This would make it to being one of the best Idol winning song!






His other songs like 'Good Outweigh the Bad', 'Fight For Love', 'You', 'Someday', 'You Say', 'Don't Be Afraid' and 'Don't Change' are worth listening too. Like Shannon Noll last year, Elliot Yamin is currently in my playlist of music.

So, are you convinced yet? I don't get why the radio stations aren't playing his songs- because i would really like if this guy could get some air-time like Chris Daughtry. Elliot Yamin has come a long way and i'm a fan of him now. I would like to hear from you, so do vote in the poll. wc09 dances away with the tunes.

"Don't change."


4 comments:

nanassetta said...

Elliott has always been one of my favorites. He has a tour coming up after Labor Day. I just love his new CD, Fight For Love. It's such a shame that radio isn't picking him up. His new single drops Monday. Hope that impacts radio. Here is his official page:
http://www.officialelliottyamin.com/

Unknown said...

It is a shame that Elliott Yamin's latest CD is not getting any play yet. I sure have faith that it will. Is latest single Can't Keep On Loving You (From a Distance) drops on August 10th, 2009 to the radio stations. His official website is www.officialelliottyamin.com
All the songs on Elliott Yamin's album are great!

Treykagirl said...

I love Elliot and always have ever since I first heard his amazing voice. Not a big fan of Idol and my s
dislike was cemented when they failed to recognize how awesome he is! I bought his new album the second it dropped; Know Better is my favorite.

Benito Maray said...

Why is radio not playing Elliott Yamin? Because radio is now in a manure pit, besides being peopled by simpletons. Or that Elliott's being on an independent label,and therefore no resources for payola, is it.