Saturday, November 15, 2008

Season 1, Episode 10: The Last Lecture, This Sem!

" My first speaker sowed the seeds,
my second speaker saw the buds,
and i,

i can see the flowers. " -my closing line in the Great Moral Debate


In a blink of the eye, i have already attended my last lecture for this sem, and so happen coincidentally, it was also the lecture for my Great Moral Debate- my group literally skipped 15 weeks of the cut to make it the final team to storm the stage. The build up to the debate was, rather, exhausting as it wasn't the only highlight of the day. I had my Moral Test, Physics Quiz and the Modern Music Assessment before it was the time for me to get up onto the stage and present my piece.

After weeks of practising, i finally manage to blow the trumpet. With the end of this semester, i underwent my assessment and i could say that i'm quite satisfied. It was similar and somehow brought back memories of me when attending my Piano Practical Examination, only with less pressure. My piece was the 'Hot Cross Bun' and my groupmates are Raj and Jei, both play the saxophone- alto and baritone.

We were required to dress formal, with white shirt and long black pants. Buzz...

I never liked debates. I don't know why, may be it is because it is too 'self' thing, especially on the stage solo with all eyes on you, arguing that your side is the right side. However, it is a requirement for us to have the debate as it was part of our coursework, taking 10%. Nonetheless, we tried and did our best. The motion of the debate was 'it is better to be an agricultural country than to be an industrial one'. I was the third speaker of the affirmative team.

The beginning of my flight. A bit blurry.

Going full speed ahead!

I'm about to end. The results, my team loss the debate with a difference of 3 points but i was announced the best speaker.

Now that all courseworks are done with, it's time for the finals. It's the study week, and i should be studying. Nervous... The final papers look intimidating and i got this gut feeling that there are still lots more to do and lots more to know. There is still time, but time is slowly running out. I'm not sure it would help, but i'm moderately content with my coursework marks this far, as it constitutes 60% of the total grade.

Recalling, refreshing and revising, wc08, is still in dire need to study, and study and of course, to study!

No comments: