Sunday, October 3, 2010

Season 5, Episode 4: The Moon is round!

" You know I know how,
To make em stop and stare as I zone out,
The club can't even handle me right now... " - Club Can't Handle Me, Flo Rida feat David Guetta

It is my third time away from home for the Mooncake Festival. What i like most about this celebration is the beauty of the tradition itself, and as much as i love to mention, lighting up the candles, parading with the lanterns and eating mooncakes- without the yolk inside or better still, the 'Ping Pei'.

I remember when i was younger (I still am young), i used to stick candles around my house and bring the lanterns to light. It was first, cartoon characters or dinosaur frameworks, but now, it's the plain coloured lanterns. Either way, this lantern-parading has seen to be less fascinated by the young people of today. Don't they understand this and grasp the pure joy of such an activity. Of course, playing virtual games are something, but when it comes to these matters, those games are nowhere near comparison. And then there was the dare- to walk around my house in the dark with only a candle stick or a lantern. You don't get first hand feelings when playing those games.

So enough about my childhood, Mooncake Festival was on a Wednesday this year and my group of friends decided to celebrate this occasion together. We went to a nearby eat-all-you-can steamboat and as it suggests, we were bloated by the end of our dining session!


An event in my uni was held for this celebration on Monday. It was interesting, especially with the Haunted route. To be honest, it was scary at some point, knowing some sort of history with the location of the route.

Successfully completed the route, we were given a lantern to parade back to our starting point. The night was fun-filled!

In fact, Mooncake Festival is always fun. Need i mention more? wc10 likes!

1 comment:

peiwen said...

yeah!!! i <3 d group photos!!! both of it....NICE~~ i miss d time sticking candle at home oso...nvm...mooncake fest with u all is another new experience!!!