Sunday, October 24, 2010

Season 5, Episode 7: Fast, up in the air!

Snapshot: With the event banner at the site of 'Up in the air'.

"In every life, I find you."

Every year, when it comes to the July semester (until the Trisem takes over), there will be a big event. Yes, the convocation. But, on top of the convocation and since it's not our turn to celebrate graduation, there's the Convofair. Since i started in uni, there had been three; this is my second. I missed the first as i was back home. Convofair are during the weekends.

Convofair is like a fun fair with lots of food, games, performances. This time was no exception. And to make matters worse, we partied and visited the ground for three days in a row! It should have been on all four days if i had not been, unfortunately, smacked with sore throat that over the next few hours, turned into mild fever and until today, cough and running nose are still my in my combat.

So, what's so special about this time apart from the many days of visit to the booths? Grilled potatoes! We noticed people holding this long stick with potato sliced in between, seasoned with flavours. It was mouth watering and when we had found the shop, we all ordered. Chaos overtook the stall. A beeline was made. But it was worth the wait, worth the price. Oh, so yummy!

Too much to handle, my friend here seen in action to speed up the process. Also, this means more 'liew' (spices).

The final product. Smiling, and lip-smacking!

Since it was spicy, and we were thirsty, we tried this beer-bottle-like drink called Barbican. The bottle is very attractive, catchy but it's just alright. Gassy, but alright.

Perhaps, it was the combination of this two that made my throat the victim.

The next morning, hot air balloon! This was my first experience riding a hot air balloon. I didn't know what to expect but i set my expectations high up in the sky as i have seen them in books or movies.

Up in the air. Due to the hot weather, our balloon didn't fly high enough to make me scared. And it was bound to the ground. So, this fell slightly below average of my expectations. It was fun, but not entirely satisfying.

Nevertheless, there were friends to make the best out of it!

Gathered at the bottom of each other's turn to snap photos. Aerial view of us.

In the Petronas booth. Seen here is not a model, not a prototype. It's the real deal!

On the fast track!

Me against the stimulator. This booth felt like a bazaar-under-one-roof. It was crowded, the things were discounted, people coming in and going out at all times with bags of purchased product. I bought a sporty bag at RM 20. Not bad. To play this stimulator though, a minimum purchase of RM 200 must be made.

But, i didn't need to spend that much. My friends and i teamed up, and gave me the chance to play it!

Then came the discomfort.

It's not a nice experience, and no use to dwell on that. I have recovered, or better now than then. It was utmost priority for me to get well as soon as possible. Stressful days ahead, piling of work and tests, and, for the next episode, the UDCN!

So, Convofair, was it you? But even if it were you, there's nothing to change. Just that, i'll bring and drink more water instead. wc10 moves on the fast lane and is up in the air... if those are considered.

No comments: