Thursday, September 23, 2010

Eat like elephant?

Snapshot: I-City in Shah Alam. A place you must experience and feast your eyes.

" I keep on running, keep on running... " - Erase Me, Kid Cudi and Kanye.

Alright, since i'm a man of my words (or trying to establish one), this is a post on my break. It's rather short as i'm entangled with other obligations back here at uni.

Let me begin.

Driving home on Friday, after class, was one of my favourite times. There was no pressure in the drive, my mind was completely on the road focusing on getting back home- unless you consider planning for my holidays as a distraction.

Saturday, off to Kuantan to send my brother for camp. Of course, going means eating. And eating means good. Well, usually that's the case. However, i don't find Kuantan food as amazing as other places i have been. Probably it's just me, taste is subjective. Or perhaps, the choices of the restaurant i went wasn't the one with good ones.

But the highlight of this trip wasn't on the food- since i've been there and experienced it before, it was the elephants i was anticipating. Elephants, yes, you read right. Leaving Kuantan back to KL, we stopped by Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary and i was eager to bathe the elephants or play with them in the river. I didn't do my homework right and when we were there, the elephants had bathed. I was disappointed, but at least i got to see the elephants and i know that i will return to fulfil my desire.

Elephants with their food.

Went out shopping for gifts on Wednesday with my brother and managed to get what we wanted. Thanks for the sales at that time, we saved quite a lot. What can i say, sales time is the best time to go shopping!

I wanted to catch a movie but nothing in the cinema really attracted me.

Friday was Hari Raya, and visited my uncle's house who serves out-of-this-world delicious cake was what i looked forward to. Apart from the cakes, i never seem to give them enough credits, thinking about the ketupats, mutton rendang, kuah kacang and chicken rendang makes my mouth water.

Saturday was my grandpa's birthday dinner and this meant another round of makan!

Sunday, left for Melaka. If in uni, my meals are my meals, eating in Melaka was like my breakfast and probably lunch put together. Haven't i mentioned Melaka is a food haven! You won't have enough time to try them all if you'll be there only for a day! So, i tried to stomach as much as i can. Live life with no regrets.

Muar on Monday and again, makan!

Tuesday, back to KL and halted on the eating. Too much in, too little out. So, it was time to 'cut the fat'- sounds like the Biggest Loser.

Saturday, makan dinner at one of my favourite hawker stall area in KL, and Sunday, as two weeks have passed in a glimpsed, it was time to start another journey back to uni.

Something hit me this holiday and i, sort of, have something in mind to do for my next longer break. I'm going to do a food-and-travel sort. Since my passion is for food and travel, and Malaysia has so much to discover to deliver, i might as well channel it somewhere and expose these places to you. So, watch out, it will happen!

Something about durians is that it's almost irresistible, especially if one looks like a full, delicious smile. No doubt, durians are the king of fruits! And there were around in my house for quite some time until i devoured them all.

Do elephants eat a lot? Because wc10 feels big like an elephant now!

No comments: