Tuesday, September 14, 2010

'Not Afraid' of 'Teenage Dream' and whisky!

" I'm not afraid, i'm not afraid,
To take a stand, to take a stand,
Everybody, everybody,
Come take my hand, come take my hand... "

Alright, so Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance' took home the Best Video at the VMA 2010- no doubt, she deserved it; Justin Bieber won Best New Artiste; Usher made a mind-blowing performance with 'DJ Got Us Falling in Love' and 'OMG'; and enough with Taylor-Kanye's unforgettable incident, this time, i'm spellbound by Eminem. Yes, in fact, this is the first time i'm actually listening to his song over and over again- Mockingbird is not bad, but just that i didn't really appreciate it as much as this.

I don't know how i got interested in this song; perhaps, the title itself says a lot. 'Not Afraid'. It's not my cup of tea- if you know me well enough, that rap music isn't on the first of my playlist, but this surely made an exception and with its great intensity, i might take a second look at rap music and probably i may like it. Seriously, i like this song so much that i might take this and make it my first attempt to rap.

Don't laugh.

" We'll walk this world together through the storm,
Whatever weather, cold or warm,
Just letting you know that you're not alone,
Holla if you feel like you've been down the same road... "

I know i may not feel the song as much as Eminem himself felt when singing it. His opening act in the VMA was amazing, and the stage was stunning, to say the least. This song has a catchy tune and it has been on auto-play in my mind for the past few days.

" No more drama, from now on i promise to only focus,
on handling my responsibilities as a father,
I solemnly swear to always treat this roof like my daughter,
And raise it, you couldn't lift a single shingle on it..."

If you haven't heard this, you MUST go listen to it then.

Other than Eminem, i found some songs to be good listen- you may have heard of them, i know i'm a little late, being unable to get hold and listen to these songs. 'Teenage Dream' by Katy P leads the pack. From 'California Girls' to 'Teenage Dream', i found both to be extremely catchy. 'Cooler Than Me' by Mike P is next. Then we have Drake's 'Find Your Love'.

There are more, but i just can't recall them at the moment i'm typing this.

And you may be wondering what's with the 'whisky' in the title. I like the taste of alcohol, but i'm no alcoholic! I'll elaborate in my next post.

If you read beyond the words of my post title, i hope you can get the meaning i'm trying to convey. Even if you don't, somehow, along the way in your personal teen years, you will eventually understand it. And when you do, you'll go 'Ooohhhh....."

For the next post, expect one of these songs to be the quote of the post. wc10 is still enjoying his break and like always, he doesn't want it to end so soon!



* this post serves as a prelude to my upcoming post about my break. Stay tuned...

No comments: