Monday, September 29, 2008

Released, or break free?

" Home is where the heart is. Going home means going to the heart. Or is it? "

Intermission. Usually, when i'm watching a tv show, i dislike intermission and wished they never exist. But now, i wished there are more of the 'intermission' actually, what more in my own 'drama series' in uni. Yes, and yay, it's my mid semester break! What more, it coincides with Raya and based on the poll's result, you would agree no more that food, as always, has a position in your heart and places higher than others.

Actual date of my break is the 27th Sept, but on Thursday night, the 25th, it struck to me that the holidays have begun. On Friday, i only had a Physics lab session and my partner and i completed the experiment fast enough for us to print the necessary items before heading back to our rooms, packed for back. The excitement was unbearable and intense, and as i waited for my father to come, my eagerness for home grew tremendously. Had lunch at Pusing with my father not far from my uni. I have been to Pusing a few times already and it's high time for me to give credits to the food there, especially the Chinese kuihs. Tasty and delicious, the kuih sold there like the 'sa kot', 'wu kok' and 'cucur udang' are also reasonably cheap. Enough with them, we returned back on track to KL.

Saturday was the first day of my break, and also my holiday. It was. And my family and i went south to Melaka for visiting and not to forget, makan-makan too.

Stopped for lunch at this shop for 'wan tan mee', nicknamed 'Scooby Doo'. The noodles is good. It looks plain but don't be deceived by the outside, the taste is great!

Menara Taming Sari- from bottom to top. Later, we went for window shopping at the Dataran Pahlawan- our preferred place for shopping in Melaka.

Dinner at Seafarer Rest. We got the seat overlooking the sea. Love the pic, love the sea!

Be seated while enjoying the cool breeze, the lovely evening and the horizon.

Dinner is served, with a glass of red wine. Yummy!

Came back to KL the next day for another occasion- my teacher's 50th birthday. The birthday celebration was held at the Lembaga Getah Building, opposite KLCC. The food was great, the party was entertaining and enjoyable, the moment was memorable, and i even met some ex teachers there too! The celebration ended near 10.30pm and we headed back home after a long, tiring but fun and enjoyable weekend.

The theme of the celebration, i suppose, is slightly Bollywood! Unique and great!

So much fun during the weekend, i wonder whether i broke free from the chains or i was released by the wardens willingly. Why not i spend my holidays to the fullest now, and hit and bury myself back into the books when i resume my study in uni? wc08 is excited, ecstatic over the weekend and looks forward to more great things this week, with Raya all in time. He is in love with this 'intermission'!

No comments: