Friday, July 25, 2008

E-MAS for UTP...

Don't smile. I don't like your smile "

I've hatched my egg, experienced my first flight and fall, tasted succulent worms for breakfast and dinner, chirped with my other friends noisily, scampered around the ground blissfully and now, it's the time i leave my nest with all the abilities i possess and survive in the wild. Yes, i'm moving into another stage in my life, a stage not to be missed and is regarded as the 'best time' in one's life. My journey into the wild started as i flew from K L to an isolated, remote, quiet town, Tronoh, and flew further in adventurously into the sophisticated and modern nest- University of Technology Petronas.

The first week was the Minggu Aluan Siswa (MAS) which in other word means the orientation week. Throughout the week, loads of fun activities were being carried out and on top of that, i was exhausted with numerous briefings- almost by every department. Nevertheless, it was essential. Before i start, take a brief look at part of the campus.

Pocket C

A blend of all.

From afar stood the prestigious Chancellor Complex.

As to before i started my new journey, or any other journeys, there must be time to pack and prepare for ahead.

Stock up!

It wasn't my first time stepping foot onto the ground of UTP as i've been there during my EduCamp in April. Before the Sun had risen, i was already awake and ready to fly there. I reached my destination safely and cautiously registered myself in following the procedures. I was then directed to move to my Village (Hostel in UTP), Old V5- the same Village i stayed during the EduCamp. And from there, i started building my new 'nest'.

Briefings after briefings, games after games and meals after meals, i eagerly waited for the week to come to an end and start my studies. How i was surprised and i've decided to take my words back- the orientation week should be a memorable time of my life! I've met many people from different walks of life, seniors, coursemates, KL-mates and buddies. Some were mere acquaintances, and some grew into friendship.

Roommate, Jeremy, and under-the-same-tree, neighbour C. Chun.

Neighbour-coursemate, S. EE with KL-mate, Denson.

Platoon B!

Group picture during one of the Moral Activities.

Engineering Future! UTP!

Another Moral Activity in play. I'm not 'there', mind you...

Some facilitators facilitating the MAS- Lim, Chun, Evelyn and Amy.

My friends and i with Mr Kamran, another facee...

Jared and me...

Michelle and us!

I'll have to stop here for this post unfortunately. It's already past midnight and i'll have to be fresh for tomorrow's medical check-up. Dear friends, i'll be updating your photos, hopefully, when i get them. Dear readers, i'll be posting more photographs on the MAS week with my facees so stay glued if you want to see more.

As to those who may not know, i'm currently doing Foundation in Engineering and will be pursuing later on Degree in Petroleum Engineering. There you go, E for Engineering and MAS for Minggu Aluan Siswa. Join them and you'll get gold! As when i'm done with my posts on MAS, i'll move on to describe and story the life of a university boy, another wonder in life.

wc08 has spread his wings and took off!

No comments: