Friday, April 8, 2011

Season 6, Episode 7: Come night, another side of me.

Snapshot: Looking for that one star, in a starry night reflecting Earth Hour 2011.

* Not for minors (under the age of 18) for the first part of the post.

"There was a saying that we can shed light in the darkness but we can never stick darkness in the light. It tells that in every fight, in every combat, in every struggle, light triumphs over darkness, good overwhelm evil. " - A work in progress opening lines.

Finally, my friends stripped my club 'virginity'- it's funny how they labeled it. And time and time again, they asked me to go. At first, i couldn't because i had to rush to complete some tasks at hand. Then, there was so much time between then and the time to go for clubs, so i had no way of coming out from it. Completed everything, almost, and left to the clubs.

A little '6' or '9' imprinted on the back of my palm.

I'm surprised! In my mind, i thought clubs are dark, smoky, crowded, and all sorts negative. But when i was there, it had sufficient lighting and it wasn't as dark as i thought it to be. Not much crowd though, a Thursday night out. Loud, deafening music. The first place we went was Barroom.

I had beer. And the dance floor.

Enough with that, we moved to the next club. 2 clubs in one night! Zer0 had more crowd.

I had liquor. I danced. And i puked.

Yes, people. You read right. I puked out what i drank. Not drunk, but i can feel my head spinning and i required effort to walk straight. I used to wonder how a person can be drunk. Now, i sort of know it. I'm not the extreme case, thankfully, as in almost every minute, i was making sure of myself to not allow my subconscious mind to take over.

The mark still present after a night's sleep. Written ZER0.

You don't want to know how many times i tried to let it all out. Even when we were at McDs, the place i visited first was the toilet. Knocked out almost throughout my trip back uni. Went back to my room, off to bed.

I thought sleeping at 4, i would have woken up about 10. I woke up at 8.30, somehow, energized until before i'm about to leave for class.

Long story short, clubbing was indeed an interesting experience. My friend told me, "The first time i went clubbing, i drank a bottle, then puked. And drank again." I'm a first timer at this, and drinking needs practice. I wonder if i'll practice again anytime soon.

Thank you guys- for helping me to lose my club 'virginity'.

*****

I'm so used to writing double stories in one post. Why? My time line is all messed up. When i put something on hold, another new thing comes up, piling. Therefore, the only escape from this is to do this.

26 March 2011 was a date the world united to support and show care towards the Earth we live in. *Drastic change from the clubbing post, ain't it?*

The ELC was no different. Like last year, this year, we brought the Mass Gathering Earth Hour 2011 to greater heights, reaching out to more people to join in this effort. To anticipate this, we had also initiated a Facebook-less Day and i personally thank you for supporting this effort.

We met in the lecture hall and showed inspiring videos of Earth Hour, and we initiated our countdown to switch off the lights. Then, we lighted our candles and paraded to the Pavilion. There, together with everyone, we lighted up the symbolic '60' and had tons of photographs with it.

With Jay and Nabs, ELC alumni. Candles in the night.

My friends and i posing with the symbolic 60. Much effort was put in on the board to create this masterpiece.

My uni participated as well, switching off all the street lights. Back to basics, we used candle light to guide our way. By the time we regrouped in the lecture hall, it was about time to countdown for the lights to turn on

Thank you and congratulations to those came and survived. This year, it is to go beyond the 60 minutes. After the countdown, we had games for the audience and a special performance by the 'Flamin' Lips. It was entertaining, to say the least.

It was a memorable night, for sure, knowing we still care for the world we live in.

And that's not all. That night was the first time ever i had seen a shooting star! I was too overwhelmed by joy that i didn't have time to close my eyes and make a wish. Even if i had, i knew what i wanted to wish for already.

wc11 says "What say you?" on the dance floor, under the moonlight.

No comments: