Sunday, March 8, 2009

Season 2, Episode 6: Weekend retreat

" Help me make the music of the night " - Phantom of the Opera.

The Fridays that i go back are always very adventurous. After class at 12, i walk to my uni main gate and wait patiently for the infrequent buses to bring me to Ipoh. As i reach Ipoh, i have to take another bus to Medan Gopeng, the central bus terminal. In choosing a bus to go KL, my favourite choice is the Konsortium because of its speed- i usually reach KL faster taking this bus. Journey takes about 3 hours, plus minus the traffic in KL, of course. There are alternative ways to KL too, but i have never taken before- the KTM which goes directly to KL Sentral and taking a bus from Seri Iskandar bus station, more convenient but less frequent buses to KL. Upon my arrival in Puduraya, i take the STAR line to Ampang, and finally i reach home! Exhausing but exciting, the reward is always comforting and satisfying.

Why the 'weekend retreat'? These few weeks are going to be tough and stressful as the mid-sem break approaches. In fact, the pressuring has already begun. Tests, quizzes, and assignments. I have taken my Chemistry 2 Test 1 last week, and i fear returning to uni on Tuesday now that i am back in KL for the weekend. Tests are already scheduled on Tuesday, Thursday (why!), the next Monday and Wednesday. Major quiz on Friday. Physics assignment due on Wednesday. So, this weekend will be one i shall rest and relax before overcoming the hurdles.

Enough with it. Yesterday, we had a buffet dinner at the Latest Recipe, Le Meridien. But we went earlier to see see the hotel and be the guest. As a five-star hotel, i was wowed the moment i stepped into the lobby. It has a class on its own. To use the lift, we had to insert our card before being able to press the floor level, for security purposes. No other room levels except the level we stay in were allowed to press. The swimming pool area was beautifully landscaped, despite being located at the 8th floor. Hilton is just next to Le Meridien and i could think of no reason why i should not visit Hilton. I saw Jaclyn Victor there, or so i see. She looks different and i couldn't recognize her. I'm not sure if it was even her! I dared my sister to ask for a photograph with her, but we finally did not. Stalking was not my thing, but my sister and i followed her to confirm if it was her. We returned to Le Meridien after the little commotion.

Pleasant sight at the swimming pool area.

At the lobby. Comfy, homey, but classy.

Bidding us welcome from the parking area is this red-and-blue, spiderman-like thing.

At 7, we headed to the dinner place and started to devour all sorts of good food- i'm missing this a lot! It has a wide variety of food- Western, Indian, Japanese, Chinese, Malay and etc. An hour in the Latest Recipe, i felt full, but i continued to eat. I was full, but not yet satisfied. The next hour, i was bloated. I rested a while before the third hour, that was when i have reached my limit and could not open my mouth anymore. I was wondering why can't i digest as fast as i consume?

Trying hard to pose in this picture sitting straight up. I had to combat with my heavy stomach.

Dinner was until 10.30, and since it was a buffet, we lasted until the last minute to make our money worth. We bid farewell to Le Meridien at 11.

Sumptuous food in an elegant atmosphere, wc09 feels grateful for what he had and what he ate. Crunch time soon!

Carefully taken in my Chemistry lab. This is the whirlpool made by the magnetic stirrer.

No comments: