Friday, October 17, 2008

Season 1, Episode 5 : Paint the pain...


" GURU - Gee, yoU aRe yoU "

My previous post clearly states that i would 'rest' from blogging for the time being but here i am, in front of my laptop to blog another post about my uni life. It is not that my hands are itching to type and to punch these printed keys, but i'm blogging here as another form to relieve my stress. Indeed, i'm writing after (days, but still...) taking my Engineering Maths Test 2. It was, rather, killer and i seriously felt of crying within me. I just simply panicked and pressured my brain to answer a question that caused me to go off and astray, lost and blind. Trying to be optimistic, what is done is done, as long as i did my best (but i would admit that i didn't give it my all! That's what i'm furious about! And no, i'm not sounding anyhow regretful.) Hopefully i'll manage to secure some points, sufficient to meet my expectation and close this book for now and give undivided attention to Chemistry! At least one thing is for sure, one hurdle is down.

Moving on... This week has been really different, but interesting. Classes were on as usual on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday, my uni had the Engineering Design Exhibition (EDX) and no classes were held from morning until 5pm. I went to look at some ingenious ideas and admire some creativity of participants in the exhibition. There was also the games booth. I decided to try my luck in the 'Mystery Box'. An item will be placed in a black box and i had to guess it. Taking into account its sound and weight, i guessed a toothpaste and indeed, i was correct! How lucky... As i strolled around the exhibition, i stumbled upon a new wardrobe concept/system. It helps us mix and match our clothes by displaying all types of clothes with the same colour, inform us when we had worn the clothes (you do not want to wear the same thing at every occasion, don't you?) and it can select the clothes you should wear according to your mood. Interesting as it may seem, i felt hungry and diverted to the KFC (mini stall) to grab a bite.

At the games booth.

The exhibition. Crowd seem to ease a little, but there are people still.

Thursday was even better! It was still EDX and I attended a public lecture by my uni's Chancellor, the former Prime Minister of Malaysia, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohammad, entitled 'National Identity and Power Sharing' (the title of the lecture itself intrigues me, with all sorts of politics going on in Malaysia now). He arrived and everyone turned to him. When the MC invited him to start, my ears were open to hear what would be his lecture like.

Lecturing...

Q and A sessions. Some thanked him for being a great PM before beginning the question. Some even jokingly asked him how was his Raya. It was interesting to hear his replies because it makes sense! And he does look approachable...

After the lecture, Tun Dr Mahathir took a round at the exhibition. Behind him is my Rector, Datuk Dr Zainal Abidin.

We were like paparazis. He is sunk in the pool of UTP students.

Halted at one of the many booths. Back view.

Moving to other booths. Erm...

Hmm... i just wonder how my friend could actually capture this picture. I wasn't even near to him.

I told you! It was a pleasure to have listened to his lecture. I am grateful i did.

English Language Club (abbreviation ELC) held a family dinner at Pocket D and i could tell you that i enjoyed the dinner. No, it wasn't the food that entertained me. The food was simple, like i have been taking every single day- rice with curry/fried chicken and some sausages. In fact, i was expecting more as i kept myself in hunger since lunch time at noon. Nevertheless, it was still good food. The dinner started pass 9 pm, which means i lasted without food for 9 hours or so. Hungrily, as most of us present were, we ate.

As always, in this type of dinner, there would be games in the list. First was a blow-til-burst balloon filled with flour. What!? I didn't even manage to burst a single balloon. Second game was the musical chair- my second time playing this game even since i entered uni. There was a twist in this game- the castaways or leftouts are to be painted on their faces or powdered with flour. At an instant, i didn't want to get messy and achieved to last until the final 2. One more pass and i'll be free from being messed up. True enough, i won the match but there was another twist. Since the winner, me, will receive a prize, i was the one to face the punishment instead of the runner-up and my face was being painted colourfully.

Painted me... I'm a little mix of all...

The game ended and the group of people present shrunk. However, the enjoyment didn't shrink like how the people has. All of us, the players and the organizers, have our faces painted, and we all had a 'family' photo of the funny painted faces. Honestly, it was nice to be painted, but to remove them was tremendously troublesome and rather difficult. Nonetheless, the fun was there and we chit chatted until 11 pm before i left the place to head back to my room.

wc08 is trying his level best to be optimistic as there are still more and more hurdles ahead. At the same time too, he shall relax and let paint ease the pain.

No comments: