Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Season 8, Episode 2: Decisions...

"What if life only has one path and you have no choice but to travel that single route?"

I am now officially 21. I had an awesome party with my family and friends, and i will post or blog about it in more detail soon.

Recently, i watched 'This Means War' and surprisingly, the movie was entertaining and good. A quote from the movie about mistakes made me think. Mistakes make us who we are, and i cannot agree on it any further. There are so many decisions to make since birth, as a child, and we are given the luxury to choose. Sometimes, unfortunately, our decision does not lead us to our destination. That is when we have to build ourselves up and learn from those mistakes. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. On the flip side, some choices made can really turn your life around.

Thinking about making decisions, my mind always flies back to the time i was in Primary 3, when i was offered the choice to pass Primary 4. It was a big decision. But being age 9, not fully matured, my decision was influenced by many factors that ultimately, i entered Primary 5 when school reopened. Fortunately, i see this decision as a life-turning point and i am mostly who i am today because of that leap.

Currently, my friends and i are searching for internship placements for our internship period beginning this June. I have said this timelessly, that waiting is a tiring game. We sent our mails and only hoped to receive a reply. We checked our mail box everyday, pressured when news that spread about companies emailing shortlisted candidates. Even more disheartening when i checked the inbox to find none of that subject. It made me wonder if i actually sent the application or if they received it. Or what criteria the companies were looking for.

I received two local 'calls' that might offer me a placement recently. I was overwhelmed and speechless when i first received the 'calls'. Really, i was speechless, because finally, someone read my application and called. After so much waiting, i was shortlisted.

Then it was decision time. When i did not get any, i did not get any. When i got, i got two, and i was in deep dilemma to decide which to choose within short time frames. In the end, i had to make a decision, and now i can only pray that my decision made will be one that i like and will forever remember.

Back to the quote at the top of this post, what if there is nothing to choose from? Would that make life easier? Definitely, but throughout my post, if you have not realized, decisions make life interesting; me different from the others. I made a decision to study Petroleum Engineering, i made a decision to be in UTP, and i make my decision whether to be happy or sad.

wc12 realizes every step is a decision made, consciously or subconsciously.

1 comment:

Steward Baba said...

Where are you interning?