Saturday, December 4, 2010

Season 5, Episode 11: What is to come?

" There is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer. " - Pearl Harbour

Oh yeah, my exams are over for this sem!- and i'm blogging live from Kedah. About the papers, i don't plan to comment much on them. Some proved real challenge, some were unavoidable blankness in the brain. But the highlight here is my effort and i always believe in trying my best. So whatever the outcome may be, i won't regret.

Holidays? Yes! It started the moment i dropped my pen from writing the last full-stop on my exam answer booklet. And i waited obediently for instructions to leave the hall to breathe in the air of temporary freedom!

Do you have this feeling, that before the exams, you know what you want to do with your time after exams but when the time comes, you just can't start? I sort of have this, though it has only been a few days of holidays. On the bright side, i'm beginning to rewrite the list mentally and turn each of them into reality.

It starts with Outward Bound School activity this weekend, for a week. Then, it's the festive season and celebration.

I just watched Pearl Harbour and i realized on thing- Michael Bay and James Cameron has pretty much something in common. From my FB wall, 'James C has Titanic, Michael B has Pearl Harbour. James C has Alien, Michael B has Armageddon. James C has Avatar, Michael B has Transformers'. Do you see what i see? Perhaps, great minds think alike.

There is a scene in the movie that inspires me. And it has to do with the quote at the start of this post. Based on the movie (as some facts are not consistent to reality), Pearl Harbour was attacked at dawn by the Japanese, unready and unprepared for what is to destroy the entire US Army at Pearl Harbour. Thousands of lives were killed. And as war was declared, the US sent their best fighter pilots on a top secret mission. Top secret mission, as said by Rafe, is a medal that is awarded to them but received by their family members. Therefore, it has to be courage from within themselves that they need to fulfill the mission. Probably i was disturbed by the images of bombs and gunfire in Pearl Harbour, such that it made me think that if i were in their shoes, i will do the same thing for my loved ones.

I watched Pearl Harbour back when i was a kid, now; i can understand the show better. Just like Edward Scissorshand. It has an intriguing story and Tim Burton and Johnny Depp duo really made this a winner.

Talking about volunteering, i have some in mind. I'll be completing my zoo time at Zoo Negara. It's a way i can get close to animals, sometimes exotic ones! Then, i read about this food-donation thing in Imbi that sparked my interest. Probably, i'll work on that too.

Movies list- i can't wait to watch Narnia! Music- time to wrap it up, 2010 and vote. X'mas post- i really enjoy this, going places and snapping photographs of their Christmas decor. Patiently wait for them to be ready. Writing and reading- a few keep on swirling in my mind. Action/adventure- to find.

There's more to discover this holiday. I can already hear Christmas bells... wc10 makes it 11 this season. And will be back for more in Season 6- time flies!

No comments: