Friday, November 12, 2010

Season 5, Episode 10: Live it up!

Snapshot: Emcee-ing UDCN!

" You've only got one life,
one life to live.
I wanna give it everything i got,
who knows, this might be it for us. " - Live it up, Lee Dewyze

Study week this time is about two weeks as my first paper isn't on the first day of the exams. In a way, it's good because we think that we've got more time to revise, practice exercises and look through past year papers. But the unforgiving fact is that it also makes us, somewhat, lazy. Holidays are what we look forward to. And too long a gap before it makes us restless, sometimes uninterested. Nevertheless, we have to stay focus as the battle is not over yet- it hasn't even begun!

Deepavali was good, as always. Pleasing my tummy can't get any better with the prawn sambal, tosai rumah (home tosai), idli, mutton curry and of course, the all-time favourite, muruku! She makes the best and talking about it now do make my mouth water. During the house visit, we wondered how many years we have been visiting the family. And as it blew me off, bewildered and bemused, we have known the family even before i was born. And that means, it's been more than 19 years! Of all the years of spices and flavours, we have created a bond of friendship that, to say the least, turn others envious.

Being home during the study weeks also means a war against the TV. It's not easy; a daunting task as the TV is really tempting. Pressing any button possible to switch off my study-mode. There are lots of good shows airing. Great Migrations, The Amazing Race(s), Top Chef(s), The Biggest Loser(s), Step Up & Dance, Got to Dance, MasterChef, Next Top Model(s), CSI(s), Ghost Whisperer, to name a few. And with Hallmark becoming Diva, weeknight movies await. Then there is the Star World uplift. Frankly, i don't really like the new logo. But surely, they have got good songs in every video that they made.

" I believe, that in time my heart will heal again,
And i believe, that in time my heart will feel again. " - Feel Again, Taio Cruz

When i watch those reality shows, it made me want to learn them, and soon master them. Cooking, food actually, is one of my passion. Dancing is something i've yet to try. Travelling other countries, learning their culture continues to amaze me. Forensic sciences and paranormal events seem thrilling. And Ghost Whisperer, to be honest, never fails for me to feel touched at the end of each episode- a rarity in current TV series.

But it's alright, i'm quite happy doing Petroleum Engineering. I can also get back to my passion after this, one step at a time. But one thing guaranteed is that i have a list, a long list, of my must-do things before i leave this place. I'll like to keep that confidential and if you follow my blog, then you'll see it emerging one at a time.

Focusing on the mud inside and observing the readings through a small scale above the multi-rate viscometer.

I like this picture. Gives me the chills of Heroes-Inception-Top Models look.

With some of the Dean list recipients on the award day. *Stress, stress*

Got new songs! Remember Lee Dewyze from AI? Well, if you don't, it's ok as i thought Crystal should have won by a small margin. BUT Dewyze's single Live It Up proves his element and he has substance, defying my AI choice. I thought his best is Hallelujah when in AI, and i still think it is, but try listing to his new single. I thought this suits him better than his winning song, Beautiful Day.



Then there is Taio Cruz's Feel Again. I heard this song in Star World and the video clip was amazing. I liked how they used the shows (Grey's Anatomy, etc) combined with the song. The first two lines are the greatest part of the song.



Bon Jovi is back with What Do You Got?. It has a sad, emotional tune to it. One of my favourites from him, relatively to You Want To Make A Memory. Still going strong, making great music...



This is not really a new song but it has shown me that Secondhand Serenade can sing. I didn't like Fall For You much, but Something More surely has something more and i like the melody. It has that ghastly feeling, something One Republic has too! The new ones are not bad- Distance, Stay Away and You And I.



As Dewyze sang it, we've only got one life to live and give it our best. For now, it's time to return to books! Til then wc10 sings...

" What do you got, if you ain't got love? " - What Do You Got? Bon Jovi

No comments: