Monday, June 22, 2009

L for Langkawi- Part 1

" Life is like a coin- you can spend it in whatever way you want, but you can only spend it once. "

Missions:
  • LCCT
  • Oriental Village
  • Telaga Tujuh
  • Waterfall
  • Underwater World
The friendly trip to Langkawi was fun and memorable- despite the complaints about the shallowness of our wallets now. We spent 4 days exploring and experiencing Langkawi. From my observation, it is a very quiet place. The road seemed empty, as if it had become a racing spot. The shops closed early, leaving us with little 'night life'. Having said that though, i envy the peace and tranquility- something that is lacking in KL. So, here i go, with my missions to accomplish.

My flight was at 7 pm. I left home slightly after 2 to KL Central by Putra LRT. Upon arrival at the terminal, i was lost as it was my first time there and so i first seeked the information counter. The lady directed me to the wrong place and she wasn't very friendly. I returned the second time to the counter, asking from a different lady who was much better in person, and she directed me to the correct place. I descended to the lower floor and waited for the bus to take me to LCCT. The journey there took approximately 1 hour 15 minutes. I waited for my friends in LCCT and as they came, we checked-in and waited patiently for the delayed flight. About 7.10pm, the plane took flight.

Window seats are always fun!

In an hour time, we landed in the Langkawi International Airport and waited for my friends, who were already there, to come pick us up for dinner and to our hotel- City Bayview.

Luck wasn't on our side the very next day. The cable car was closed and we only knew about this when we were there. Not wasting much time, we explored the Oriental Village and later the Telaga Tujuh & Waterfall.

A nice place to walk- though in our hearts, we were rather disappointed the cable car was closed as it was one of the must-do attractions in Langkawi.

Enjoying my mini ride.

A deer and a rabbit farm that's free entrance.

A calm scenery.

Taking a dip in the crystal clear waters of Telaga Tujuh ( 7 Wells ).

I ain't bluffing.

A splendid, cascading waterfall after a tiring hike up and down the hill.

Nothing beats the voice of nature. Sitting by the waterfall sure is therapeutic and calming!

Joachim and I.

Group shot!

After saying good bye to the Waterfall, we headed for lunch in a Chinese Restaurant. The food was alright, nothing spectacular. Later, we visited the Underwater World. As i have said, we were not very lucky and the 3D theater was closed. Another disappointment as we paid RM 28 and we expected more.

Penguins aplenty.

Freezing in the Arctic region.

A unique sea creature i-don't-remember-its-name.

Can you spot the stonefish? There are 2 of them.

Upside-down jellyfish.

Like a small kid admiring the sea shells.

Beware: Shark approaching.

Reminds me of one of the fish-games i played on computer. Don't you think it looks sad?

A unique crustacean bidding welcome to its home.

Playing hide-and-seek with this weird looking eel- i think it's an eel.

Walking through the underwater tunnel, we met this gigantic ray and a few 'kerapus' which were not much different in size as compared to the ray. To be honest, i was intimidated by the gigantic size of the creatures!

I love turtles!

Another unique sea creature swimming in the aquarium. A fish with a horn-like thing protruding from its head.

Eagle ray ahead.

Sea horses.

The one-of-a-kind leafy sea horse like.

A must-see and my personal favourite is the seadragon! I always believe in dragons and this proves me right, somehow!



Hope you enjoy this video of a jellyfish swimming in its home. Very lovely, very deadly?

It was time for us to leave the Underwater World as we had seen everything there was on display. There was this section where we were allowed to touch hands-on on some sea creatures like sea cucumber and baby shark- if we can beat their magnificent speed in water! Exiting the Underwater World, i was somehow pleased with my visit. It was truly an amazing time, as i am and always will be, an ocean enthusiast.

Dinner at Pasar Malam (Night Market), located within walking distance from my hotel. After dinner, it was time to have our rest, for the next day, Day 3, will be an adventure- with luck starting to rest on our side. Part 2 coming up soon! wc09 swims both in the river water and the sea water!

No comments: