Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter, Sunway Lagoon and 21st B'day Partee...

" Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you've made it now,
falling slowly sing your melody, i'll sing along " - Falling Slowly, Glen Hansard

Chemistry Test 2 and Engineering Maths Quiz 4 were very difficult, and i don't want to blog about it. It just makes me unhappy knowing that i have studied hard for it and the outcome may not be as i have wanted. So, instead, this post is about my life during the past two weekends away from my uni.

The First weekend. I left my uni on Good Friday, taking the 8.oopm bus and reached KL near midnight. Coincidentally, or perhaps planned, the PIKOM's PC Fair was in KL and i decided to give it a visit- i have in mind to buy an external hard disk to store my movies and photographs, and study materials of course, and a laptop skin to personalize my laptop. This is my second time to the PC Fair, and like the first, this fair is no exception- a more of a people-see-people than a people-see-things scenario. The crowd was massive. There were eager customers squeezing their way into the booth, enthusiastic salespersons floating amongst the flood of people, and visitors who gave way to the crowd and rested at the side. Met my aunt who was in charge, and slowly moved our way through the halls and the exit. The air was fresher outside then, and i left only buying a laptop skin for RM9.00. Another visit to the PC Fair? If and only if i am in desperate need of that device!

Easter on Sunday, and Great Eastern Mall popped in my mind. Usually, the mall have events to celebrate a celebration.

Bunny made up of balloons.

Dance performances.


Enjoy this video. If you know the background song, please inform me.

The Second weekend. I left my uni at 2.00pm on Friday and arrived in KL at 6.00pm. An exodus! More than 10 people in the bus were my friends from uni, and some took other buses back. It is because Monday is a holiday, and we grabbed this opportunity.

Since most of my uni friends were in KL for holiday, we met up in Sunway and soon headed for the Lagoon. It has been more than 10 years since i last entered the Lagoon. I don't remember how it was the last time, but the Lagoon was fun this time. There were many people on Saturday- i was pleasantly surprised, and most of them were tourists- boosting Malaysian Tourism, good thing. We paid RM 48 for the Water and Amusement Park. We strapped the wristband around our wrist and passed through the bag check before being allowed to enter. We rushed to the locker area and safely stored our bags. The lockers were rather pricely- RM 5 for a per-open. Without much time to waste, we hurried to the Surf Water. The weather was on our side.

Rides after rides- my favourites would be the Water Slides (i don't know their names) and the roller coaster, i had to leave before everyone else. Before bidding goodbyes to my friends and the Lagoon,

Group Shot!

Another childhood friend, Ee Vonn, just turned 21 and celebrated her birthday at her place on Saturday, evening. The food was delicious- i liked the potatoes and the pork chop BBQ.

Little cupcakes guarding the core, with the birthday girl.

Sweet-toothed, yummy! 21 standing magestically.

Childhood friends!

Time to sing. Happy Birthday, Ee Vonn!

Two great weekends. Two weekends off study. And now onwards, i really need to focus on my studies. I'm left with a few more weeks before the uni closes for the study week. But then, must relax also la. wc09 is going back to uni.

No comments: