Monday, December 29, 2008

Music of 2008!

" Music is what feelings sound like "

2008 is about to close, and it has been a great year for great music. I have to admit that my love for music has deepened and solidified over the year. Without a doubt, music fills me when i'm partying, lonely, down, or bored. Astro has two new channels, 808- Astro fiesta and 809- AXN Beyond, and i managed to watch 'Boyzone: Back Again... No Matter What' concert on the first night. Though they have aged, their songs are evergreen. And i'm currently addicted to many of their hit singles, especially 'A Different Beat' which came out during their heyday.

Like last year, this will be the post that i will name my favourites. Unlike last year, i did not do a survey and relied only on myself. Some may not be your cup of tea, but like i said, it is all about my favourite music this 2008. Whether or not if we are on the same page, i hope you enjoy- try downloading them or YouTube if you have not listened.

Favourite Male is James Morrison. His 'You Make It Real' has proven more than enough. With his other great songs in the past like 'Pieces Don't Fit Anymore', he becomes my favourite. Akon is my 2007 favourite.
Favourite Female is Leona Lewis. She has been fantastic, with 'Bleeding Love' and 'Better In Time'. Carrie Underwood is my 2007 favourite.
Breakthrough Artiste is David Cook, without a doubt. Winning American Idol 7 with 'Time of My Life' and his single 'Light On', he becomes the rising star with unique voice. Chris Daughtery is my 2007 favourite.
Perfect Comeback is Boyzone. Avril is my 2007 favourite.
Again, again and again is I'm Yours, Jason Mraz. Glamorous, Fergie is 2007.
Favourite Collaboration is Material Girl, Madonna and Sexy Back's Justin Timberlake 4 Minutes. Apologize by One Republic and Timbaland is my 2007 favourite.
Favourite Band is Coldplay. 'Viva La Vida' is real good, so are their past songs. Rascal Flatts is 2007.
Favourite Pop is Our Lives, the Calling. 'Do You Know' by Enrique is my 2007 favourite.
Favourite R and B is Superwoman, Alicia Keys. Umbrella by Rihanna stormed 2007.
Vocal is If I Were A Boy by Beyonce. She's powerful. 'The Face', RyanDan is my 2007 favourite.
Uniquely Weird is I Kissed A Girl, Kate Perry. Other close ones are 'Mercy', Duffy and 'T-Shirt'. 'Rehab', Amy W is my 2007 favourite.
Relive, revive, rejuvenated is Mamma Mia, Abba, no doubt. With the movie and play in town, this becomes a hit even in karaoke sessions too. 'It's My Life', Bon Jovi is my 2007 favourite.
Unheard of is Lift, Shannon Noll. Very less air time in Malaysia, but i discovered his great songs and becomes my favourite. 'Bubbly', Colbie Calliat is my 2007 favourite.
Special to 'Just Stand Up' and 'Here In My Home'. The songs are for good causes and they tie somehow for the spot.
Blast concert is Celine Dion's Taking Chances, it is the only one i went this year, so it is a win without a fight. She was indeed amazing!
Favourite Forever is You Make It Real by James Morrison. This song is so addictive and a great deal. 'How To Save A Life' by the Fray is my 2007 favourite.

There you have it, my favourite songs of 2008. wc08 is now listening to the songs again.

No comments: