Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Work No More

"The human eye is the best camera one can ever find, the best pictures one can ever capture"

How far do you agree to the quote above? I truly believe that the human eye captures the best picture, as it not only captures the image alone, but takes the emotions altogether. Juggle this, do you prefer to see the Northern Lights on a photo shown by your friend, or experiencing the moment real life? The atmosphere, and the feelings, are totally different if we see it with our naked eyes, even amplified if we see it together with our love ones! Nonetheless, the eye serves more than one purpose, not only to see, but to understand, feel and to be integrated with other parts of our body to respond correctly, morally. Appreciate it, while you still can.

The alarm clock in my handphone rang and i stretched my hand to retrieve it, shutting the irritating, buzzing sound of the alarm that disturbed my sleep. I was awake, but not totally. I had to drag myself out from the comfortable bed, battling the desire to fall back to sleep. Then, I remembered. 'Why am i complaining, it's my last day of work today. Can't wait' and i washed my face immediately. Filled two bottles, and got my 'Hotlink' shirt on, ready for the day ahead. Ready for it?

Walked out with eyes on the road traveled but not only on the look-out for cars, but stray dogs as well. I had to take an alternative route to avoid those creatures, and i reached the destination without having any bruises from fighting with them. Filled my stomach my with 'Singaporean fried mee-hoon' which took more than 20 minutes to be prepared. Ate quickly, and off to my last day of my part time work!

Fortunately, i was on time for work. The shuttles were just lifted up, and i had to squat to enter.
The day soon began, but we, as usual, had to wipe the table and prepare our yesterday's report to be handed in first. Sharp 9.30, the shuttle opened completely, inviting customers to come in. I'm ready with my float, switched on the Maxis sign.


The green wall to the sign defines the shop as Maxis, not other operators. Ushering customers in even from afar, greeting them as i ready for their payment to be made.

I took charge of Counter 3, written 'payment'. Unfortunately, the day turned sour as all the computer's system were down, very. We had to issue them the manual receipt and later only do the the transactions on computer. Just after noon, the systems were back alive, and we began to enter in the transactions. At the same time, it was peak time and there we had to multi task, doing both the earlier transactions as well as the lucky walk-in customers. Lucky, no mistakes we made and the day returned back smoothly, regaining it's speed to accelerate while we waited for the night.


It wasn't all the time busy, as for my last day, i was determined to bring my camera to work. Wonderful people, gld to meet them, or even work with them though only for about 3 weeks!

The 'si-fu' there, as the other took MC. Her name is Sue, and behind her is my childhood friend, also her last day, Vivianloy.

Sean, doing some funny face while i captured this pose. "Okey, serious now," said Sean.

My workmates. They are really wonderful people. Missing in action were S Xian, Sab, CC W, R C and J W. Fun working with them, but when it comes to business, it means business!

As the night rolled in, we started to close our drawers, and the shuttles as well. Who would want to display all the money on the table insecurely? It was a lot, but for my last day there, no. By 9 pm, the shuttles were all shut, all ready to head home, and me, simply enjoyed the final moments there, capturing every second of my day with my eyes and i'm sure the experience working there will worth more than money can tell. About money, i got my first pay, but it's of no need to tell. Ask and you'll know.

The 16 days of work had been really fun, tiring, streesful, exciting and of all feelings, experience-full. My main goal of working was to meet new people and to try out working life. Trust me, i reached far beyond my goals, and i really appreciate it! As for now, i'm 'unattached' but i absolutely want to celebrate CNY with abundance of joy and happiness, simply, to the fullest! Cheerful, wc08, eager to usher in the new year, and 'til then, wait as i post more of the upcoming CNY!

No comments: