Wednesday, January 9, 2008

the Power of a Book

" Reading gives us somewhere to go when we have to stay where we are " - Mason Cooley

Thank you for your vote in my poll : what should i do now? It's true that at times, i feel bored, sometimes even daydream, and wander around the house, walking up and down aimlessly. Luckily, i found my boredom saver- books (i'll never get over them despite after the SPM), and they took me out from the boringness of those days. No doubt that the quote by Mason Cooley is absolutely true.

This is the latest book i read and it revolves about Micheal Wolf's life -past and present. Death, jealousy and forbidden love, are the themes of this book. Written by Andrew Rosenheim,, the story begins with the death of Micheal's father, who was murdered brutally. He was from Stillriver, a small town where he grew up, faced troubles with his father, the petty jealousies and competitiveness of his younger brother and the love of his life, Cassie. This book is a good-to-read type, but sometimes a bit too draggy.

This book's summary intrigues me a lot! And it will be my next book to read, after i completed Stillriver!

A 2-in-1 book, by John Grisham, will be off my shelf soon!

My all-time favourites, the Wedding by Nicholas Sparks and the Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown, are books that i will recommend you to read them

I'm not sure whether i will be able to work any part-time jobs- unless you can recommend me one. Soon, i'll be busy again, but that's another story. This garnered the most votes in the poll. Coming second is to learn something extra, so, i conducted another poll regarding languages to pick up. Third is to start my studies, but the problem is, i haven't find courses that are suitable for me as i'm interested in many! Last, with no votes at all, is to just stay at home and be good (looks like i was doing that, but it's going to change)

Besides reading, i'm going to be a 'potato' really soon, sitting on a 'couch'! Yesterday, i watched the first episode of Damages, shown on AXN at 10pm. The show looks very interesting and i'm sure to follow that series.

I'm controlling the remotes, on a couch, ready to be a potato!

I really hope that i can work part-time, to earn extra money. Note, the books and the show are not for promoting purposes, just to let you know what i'm doing nowadays. Soon, very soon, i'll be back to business, and off the 'couch'! wc08

No comments: