Friday, July 15, 2011

Season 7, Episode 7: Rollercoaster week

" Everybody wants to, look into the mirror,
And feel a little better now. "

Phew... This week had been tough. Real tough. Coming back from the short mid-sem break, i was slammed with three tests. And the tests showed no mercy on me- it was tricky, cruel, challenging, and when i stepped into the hall for the tests, i was overcame with nervousness and on-and-off, my mind went blank. I made mistakes where i knew the correct answers- that aches. And reflecting back, all i can hope for is the best possible after the much effort i poured into studying for the tests. Whatever the outcome may be, though with a tinge of regret, i have to accept it as i did my best and move forward.

" And everybody wants to, know there's someone out there,
Waiting for you to come around. "

And that's not including the other factors that stresses me lately. There are group projects piling up along with the other pending tasks. I feel really pressured at this moment of time and yes, i need a getaway. It surely has been a rollercoaster week for me. I am supposed to feel relief now that the week's ending, but i don't feel any slight sense of satisfaction. I pray for the best.

" And i wish that, you could feel it,
But you don't choose, to believe it,
Cause i know that, you can't see it that way, that way. "

Moving on to something more cheerful- and am writing this with a great sense of nostalgia, the mid-sem break was great. Perhaps it was the post-holidays mood that affected me too. Anyway, two of my friends, YH and Steward came down to KL for the mid-sem break and i was the tour guide for this little tour around the city. I always enjoy tourism and probably i can start a mini project on food and tourism during my long semester break.

This two-day tour began after picking up Steward from the train station and we headed to the KL Bird Park. It has been ages since i last entered the park. I was pleased with the visit to the park. It is well maintained, and the free flight aviary makes it all the more exciting. The birds are within our touch and when they flew, i just thought they might hit us. We can feel the wind from its flapping.

The hawk perches on my arm!

At the entrance of the Bird Park. We stayed until the Bird Show at 12.30pm.

From KL, we moved to Sri Rampai area for lunch and after lunch, we headed to the Royal Selangor Pewter factory. I always like going there.

The tour was short and after trying our hands on the work an employee does, we reached the end of the tour. There are pewter items sold too. Pricey but worth the price.

The popular mug- anyone who comes here will take a photo with this.

After the pewter visit, we went to Batu Caves. It was the final stop for the day and after dinner and supper, it was a night well rested.

Morning the next day was a hiking trip. It is satisfying to reach the top and enjoy the scenic view of the 'lake' and city- though there was haze (not blogging further on that) at that time.

Breakfast after a hike up, then washed up and prepared for Yong Tau Foo lunch. Another highlight of the trip, Transformers Dark of the Moon in 3D!

In Pavilion. i enjoyed the movie, especially because of the ending action scenes. Really tied the story up nicely. More review on my movie blog.

Waiting for the movie to begin.

In short, the trip was memorable and enjoyed til the last bit. I hope for another retreat soon, to calm myself down and make sure i get back on the horse fast enough, before it leaves me behind.

" If you could only just stop, stop, stop running,
If you could only take a second to breathe in,
Everything that you know would be beautiful, like you. " - Beautiful Like You, Lee Dewyze



wc11 is pressurized this rollercoaster week and experiences unstable emotion!

1 comment:

Steward Baba said...

hope there's a "like" button. :)