Friday, July 24, 2009

Season 3, Episode 1: UGhhhh.....

" I can't change the direction of the wind, but i can adjust my sails to always reach my destination " - Jimmy Dean

Graduating from Foundation years has been a fun ride and entering Undergraduate years is... i don't know what to expect out of it yet. Only the first week and i can already feel the pressure weighing in on my shoulders. Nothing is getting simpler. Every subject, or course, is getting complicated and more sophisticated, and so that's life we have to face.

First week is usually the introductory week, and if the lecturer is dedicated enough, i would have to listen to lectures. The good thing about the first week is that i don't have much things to do. It's the time i have to register for my courses and classes, and i despise the registration process. Sometimes these registrations could drive you up the wall- it surely did for me since Season 1! Why? Firstly, your timetable clashes with one course to another and you have to troublesomely find your lecturers, and secondly, the course you want to take is full and you have no other options but to push it to your following semesters.

A new place means a new environment. I'm currently staying in Village 2, and before and after class, and to meals, i have to hike up three flights of stairs- as compared to Village 6, my room was on the ground floor. As much as i want to be optimistic- like treating it as an exercise, it is tiring long term. Plus, walking to lectures are surely to already wear my feet and with the climb, it's more than exhausting reaching the top.

My current room- looks yellowish as compared to the previous blueish one.

*smacks head* Only the first week and i had a quiz on differentiation and integration. Due to the long-no-touch-book break, i found that my Maths are getting rusty and it's time i revisit those Maths. Hopefully everything went fine, and will go on being better. *smacks head again* Felt somewhat guilty i didn't study much this week- because there weren't much things to do. Some of the books and lecture notes are not available yet. So, the lecture is the time to study.

With not much things to do, i took the opportunity to watch movies this first week- got them from my friends. 'Marley and Me' is a show starring Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston, and a dog. The ending of the show almost made me cry, knowing that i once used to have dogs and these things always refresh my memory about them- like 'Eight Below'. Other than that, the story moves very slowly. On the contrary, 'Angels and Demons' and 'Sunshine' are rather fast paced. After watching 'The Da Vinci Code', i was sort of gave up on 'Angels and Demons' and did not want to watch this movie in the cinema, and i waited for the DVD. Hate to admit, but i should have watched it at the cinema. The movie is awesome! I did not read the book, so i did not know what to expect or predict. I went with the flow of the story, following the path led after 'illuminati'. Ewan McGregor played the role of a Father very well, and i had this funny feeling that he would be the twist of the story. Go watch it, it is awesome. And for 'Sunshine', it is a 2007 movie, one that i wanted to watch in the cinema but never had the chance too. It is suspenseful, but the story line is predictable. A group of astronauts and a physicist fly to the Sun in hope to save the Sun from dying. Datuk Michelle Yeoh surely made Malaysians proud though her character is just a supporting one. It doesn't pack that much of a punch, it is a nice watch.

I missed the chance to witness the solar eclipse on the 22nd July due to the rush for tutorial registration. And i blamed myself too because i didn't know what time could the eclipse be seen in Malaysia. Anyway, i have to wait for the next one in the coming years- and i will try my utmost best to see.

As you should have noticed, i changed my blog title and the tagline- well, it's high time i needed an upgrade to spice up my blog. What do you think? Still 'signature' by 'The Wonders of Life', 'Writing Life' sounds more befitting to my current situation and i rather keep it short and sweet. As for the tagline, no matter what, life must go on. The 'writer's block' symbolises the obstacle one faces in life, and through these obstacle is what makes us stronger, or better. We should not stumble and give up whenever we meet an obstacle. Every being has their own strength and weakness, experience and background. Every being has a story to tell, and particularly in this blog, i story my life- of course, the wonders of life. Not making it sound too self-indulgent, i hope that you would enjoy reading my blog and continue to support me. Together, we strive to be for the better!

UnderGraduatehhhh... wc09 will start to study next week. It's not procrastination. It's life.

No comments: