Tuesday, May 12, 2009

3-claws...

" Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs, since the payment is pure love. " - Mildred B Vermont

There is nothing better than to be home after a busy, stressful week. Yes, i have made it through the toughest week of this season, the 3 killer papers! I left my uni early Friday morning, and arrived at Ampang near noon. What i had in mind was minimal studies during the weekend- i was barely sleeping well with all the tests on my mind and i needed time to rejuvenate. Oh yes, i'm glad i had my time; well, in a way, as the weekend itself was a busy one!

Wesak Day was on Saturday and the temple near my house, like always, organizes a prayer ceremony. On Friday night, we joined in the 'walk' as we do so almost every year, prior to Wesak Day.

When we reached the temple, we bought candles before joining the crowd.

The candle and the cup.

WH with his candle.

The crowd was like an avalanche- as we walked, more and more people joined in. However, in my opinion, the crowd was less in number than last year's. Why?

Leading the way were the lions and dragon. I could only capture photos of them at the end of the walk. They were about to stop when i took this blurry photo.

The next morning, we went to the temple again. Like previous years, we bathed the Buddha, made our prayers, and we were given a yellow 'string' and a bag of blessing water to bathe with. First claw!

Mother's Day was on the weekend. We headed to Petaling Jaya on Saturday for my grandma, and on Sunday night, we celebrated for my mother at Shikiya. About Shikiya, it was our first and we did not know what or how to order. It is actually a fusion between Japanese and Thai cuisines. After a long time being indecisive, i settled for the Fried Set. The promotion they were offering was quite alluring- buy one set and get another set for free*. To be honest, the quantity of the set is large, enough for two indeed! However, being a big-eater, i found it not a problem to complete it myself.

The set with tempura and udon is rather worth-for-value. There was a lot of tempura on the plate!

My set comes with rice, and another plate of chicken, fish, prawns and some vegetables. Burp, i was bloated with tasty food. Second claw on the food!

The third claw this weekend is the three-clawed Wolverine. Yes, you're right, i watched X-Men Origins: Wolverine on Sunday.

I'm an avid fan of X-Men, and i find this movie great. The effects are superb- you know, the ones that make you go 'wow' and you wish you could actually have the ability to do that. I'm talking about how Gambit used his stick, Wolverine-Sabretooth-Deadpool's combat, Cyclops' optic laser, just to name a few. The critics commented on the storyline. I beg to differ and i found it rather interesting though i know what will happen in the end. It is not the 'what' that is good but the 'how'.

Fantastically-casted! Hugh Jackman is Wolverine, and no one could play Wolverine better than him. I liked Ryan Reynold- may be he could take over the place of Keanu Reeves and be my favourite male movie actor. I wished he was given a more important role so that i could see him appearing in other X-Men movies. Younger Cyclops. Suave Gambit. All in all, this movie gets my star and i would recommend this to anyone. If you're an X-Men fan, don't miss this!

3-claws! I just came back from supper at a 'mamak' stall near my uni with my friends. Weekend was great, and wc09 wishes he could lash 3 claws and leave his marks as did Wolverine.

No comments: